Is your child off school for one of these reasons?
- Your child, or a household family member are awaiting results for a COVID19 test?
- Your child could be off school for up to 4 days (dependent on the speed of the test result return)
- All siblings must self-isolate until the result is returned negative.
- A household family member has tested positive for COVID19?
- Your child and the whole household must self-isolate for 14 days from the date that the household member first started with symptoms. This means no household member is allowed outside of the family home during this period.
- Your child tests positive for COVID19?
- Your child must remain off school for 10 days from the start of symptoms or date of test.
- All other family members must self-isolate for 14 days from the start of the symptoms of your positively tested child.
- The school have been forced to close the class bubble due a positive test result of a member of the class bubble?
- Your child will be asked to self-isolate for 14 days from the date that the child started with symptoms.
- All other siblings can remain in school if they are within another class bubble.
Frodsham Weaver Vale Primary School have a three levelled approach to ensuring your child has access to education if the are off school due to COVID19. If your child is unwell then they must not engage in remote learning. This is provided for the time when your child may be off school feeling well, however they are unable to attend due to the guidance.
Your child is sent home or off school to either, access a COVID19 test or to self-isolate due to a household member accessing a test.
School will make contact with the family to arrange safe drop off or safe collection of a learning pack. The pack will contain enough work for your child to access for up to 4 days. Included in the pack will be a range of activities including reading, maths and short projects. Dependent upon age group, there may also be an expectation to access online learning.
Your child is off school self-isolating for up to 14 days due to a household member testing positive, or, has tested positive for COVID19 and is off school for up to 10 days from start of symptoms.
School will make contact with the family to discuss remote learning. This will include capacity for online learning through technology. School have purchased five laptops and ten Kindle Fire 8HD to help support families struggling with remote learning. Your child's class teacher will be given release time (3 x 15 minute sessions per week) to speak with your child and guide your child through the expectations. They will also communicate via a parents' email address to discuss your child's mental health, capacity for learning and any other relevant points.
Your child is in a class bubble that has been sent home to self-isolate for 14 days due to a member of their bubble receiving a positive COVID19 test.
All associated teachers and teaching assistants will also be told to self-isolate for 14 days. They will continue to lead the class bubble remotely. They will be checking in on pupil learning on a daily basis. This will be through a range of different vehicles: School Virtual Learning Environment, Zoom Video Calls, email, telephone calls. There is an expectation that the children will access this daily learning so as to not widen the education gap that has formed due to lockdown. More information about class bubble specifics will follow shortly.